!!WELCOME TO VINTAGE SPILLAGE!! :)

Vintage Spillage is an intro to my love for all things RETRO...ENJOY

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vintage through Norman Parkinson's lens

Norman Parkinson took the world by storm with he's impulsive and unstructured style of photography. It was nothing like the stiff and posed approach of his predecessors. His flawless professionalism is pervaded through his work. His long association with Vogue and numerous assignments with Harper's Bazaar and many other international magazines bought him international recognition. He  photographed many of the greatest icons and was photographer to the Royal family. Constantly re-inventing himself, his work never fell short of excitement...HERE ARE A FEW WHICH I REALLY LOVE...









HAPPY BLOGGING...SEE YOU SOON!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Check out the current exhibition in Bristol at the new museum on the docks MShed - Norman Parkinson vintage prints 1954-1964 from th Angela Williams Archive - co curated with the Museums Costume collection
    AN EYE FOR FASHION until 15th February - 2012.
    Events include a great Vintage Weekend on 24th and 25th March for more details check out MShed website and Angela Williams Archive website

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela. Thanks for the info :) I was truly inspired when I saw his work, Im so glad you saw the blog post, now I can increase my knowledge of his works. I will most definitely see to it that I attend the Vintage Weekend. Is it also in Bristol?

      Delete